Sorry for the late post but things have been pretty crazy. With preparing for black Friday and Cyber Monday for American Apparel I honestly had no time to write.
I wasn’t going to write this since it’s already December but a shocking event caused me to re-think this.
Vigil at San Manuel Stadium. (Marcus Yam / Los Angeles Times)
On December 2nd there was a shooting in San Bernardino. There was fourteen people killed and twenty one wounded. My family and friends that live there were in a panic. My best friend told me that it was happening five minutes away from her job. The SB college had to cancel classes and have police escorted students to their cars.
What hurts the most is that until the shooters are catch and behind bars people won’t be able to sleep. I’m scared for the safety of my family and my friends. That alone says a lot.
With all the pain and evil in this world sometimes we need to be reminded what joy and good we have in our lives. So here is what I am grateful for.
- That I’m extremely close to my family. (And I love it)
- That I have a job to go to everyday. That includes having an amazing boss and co-workers.
- That I have food on my plate everyday and that I never go hungry again.
- That I have these beautiful, creative, supportive friends that I love unconditionally.
- That I have this incredible boyfriend who shares his wisdom with me. Who has helped me through so much.
- That I could go to the college of my choice and get my degree.
- I’m so grateful that I have a warm home to come to. Where I always feel welcomed.
- I’m grateful for all those people who choose to serve our country.
- I’m grateful for my health and the health of everyone that I love.
- I’m grateful that there is still good in this world. That there will be someone who is willing to help you whenever you need it. That random person who stops to help you change your flat tire or buys you a coffee because you forgot your card at home.
And I am grateful for you; my followers and readers. Without you I wouldn’t get excited to write or post anything on my blog. With every like and comment you remind me why I am doing this. You guys make me feel like I am actually contributing something to your day. I really appreciate you guys a lot!